Peels Treatment (By Doctor Simple Aher)
A chemical peel is a skin treatment that is used to improve and smooth out the surface of the skin. A chemical solution is applied to the face, to peel off the top layers of skin. This unveils smoother, healthier new skin growth.
Superficial chemical peels are a good option for many people as they have a gentler effect and do not give visible skin peeling, inflammation or significant redness compared to medium and deep chemical peels. Superficial chemical peels do not require pain relief, and can be used in many skin types, including darker skin tones, with little or no recovery time – this means no obvious skin peeling and no need to take time off work.
What are the benefits of Peels ?
- Acne – Peel acne treatments (provide by doctor Simple Aher) exfoliate the skin and allow dead skin cells and excess oils to be removed more effectively. This action unblocks hair follicles and pores and reduces the appearance of pimples, improving the overall skin texture in people with acne.
- Fine lines and wrinkles – Peels can reduce these, especially under the eye area and around the mouth in sun damaged or ageing skin.
- Rough skin texture – Chemical skin peels can improve rough skin texture by increasing the amount of collagen in the upper layer of the skin.
- Lentigines (large freckles) which appear as dark spots on the skin, also called liver spots, or age spots – A course of chemical peels can lighten large freckles and improve the appearance of sun damaged skin.
- Melasma – Is a dark skin discoloration which appears as patches commonly found on the cheeks, nose, lips, upper lip, and forehead and is common in women who are taking hormonal treatment. A course of chemical peels can lighten the appearance of dark discoloured skin caused by melasma.
- Hyper-pigmentation -Caused by excess skin pigment in the skin which can result in uneven skin tone. Chemical peels can lighten and even out the skin tone.
What Are the aftercare advice (Suggest by Doctor Simple Aher) ?
After your peel you may notice that the skin is more red than usual for two hours afterwards and may feel tight or dry. You may also experience some very mild flaky skin for a few days. It is very important to use a sunscreen after treatment, for four weeks to prevent uneven skin tone and excess pigmentation