Scars as a result of burns, injury, surgery, acne or chickenpox, generally fade with time, however, some individuals become very conscious of visible scars, tainting their self-confidence and resorting to different ways to conceal its appearance.
What is Scar revision and reduction?
TScar revision involves a non-surgical treatment to improve or reduce the appearance of scars. It also restores function, and corrects skin changes (disfigurement) caused by an injury, wound, or a previous surgery.
What is the procedure involved during treatment?
Scar revision usually takes between 30 minutes and an hour. It is normally performed as a day-case procedure often under local anaesthesia.
What are the Benefits of this procedure?
- It can improve or reduce the appearance of scars
- It can restore function & correct form (disfigurement)
- It treats hypertrophic, keloid & contracture scarring.
- It enhances physical appearance & self-confidence
The following treatments are available at our clinic to treat scars:
- Dermal Fillers : Fillers are specialized in smoothing out facial lines and wrinkles, creating fuller lips, shaping facial contours and rejuvenating the skin.
- Dermabrasion :It is used for treating acne scars, pockmarks, certain surgical scars, and minor irregularities. This procedure smoothes out surface irregularities by removing the top layers of the skin. It works well for deep lines or scars.
- Laser Scar Revision : High-energy light is used to treat damaged skin, where different lasers are available for treating a variety of scars.
- Chemical Peels : This procedure uses a chemical to remove the top layer of the skin and smooth depressed scars. It is most helpful for superficial scars.
Dr Simple Aher Dr Simple Aher Dr Simple Aher Dr Simple Aher